If you are curious to know, how to watch BBC iPlayer on Apple TV outside the UK? You’ve come to the correct place if you want to watch BBC iPlayer while traveling. Because BBC iPlayer is only available in the United Kingdom, using the finest VPN such as ExpressVPN is your best option for viewing it.
To watch BBC iPlayer outside UK on your Apple TV, you need a VPN. Fortunately for international travelers looking to access the popular UK-based streaming service while they’re away from home or work
There’s an easy way around this pesky problem! Simply connect with one of our recommended servers located in London and enjoy all those missing outclasses without sacrificing quality time. Some of the recent best watches on BBC are; Young MasterChef 2023, Amanda & Alan’s Italian Job, The Apprentice S17 and the Hairy Biker’s go local.
Currently, Apple TV isn’t region-free. To watch BBC iPlayer on your Apple TV, change the iTunes country to the United Kingdom.
How To Activate BBC iPlayer On An Apple TV
To watch BBC iPlayer on your Apple TV, change the iTunes region to another country and enable it. All you have to do is follow the mentioned below steps to update your iTunes location and enable BBC iPlayer on your Apple TV:
- Go to Account Settings and select “Sign Out” from the drop-down menu to get logged out from your current iTunes account.
- Sign out from your Apple ID account by going to Settings then going to iTunes Store then clicking on Apple ID.
- Pick the United Kingdom as your destination from the iTunes Store’s menu.
- Look for free software and then select Get.
- Generate a new Apple ID.
- Do not use your basic Apple ID, instead use a new email address.
- Select None when prompted to make a payment.
- Check to see whether you gave a legitimate billing address of the UK.
- Log in to your newly generated Apple ID by providing your credentials.
- You’ll now get access to BBC iPlayer content in the United Kingdom!
How To Use A VPN To Watch BBC iPlayer On Apple TV
Despite the fact that your Apple TV is now unlocked on BBC iPlayer, you will not get its access because it has been restricted. If someone attempts to do so, one of the following two alerts will appear on the Apple Tv screen.
You may access BBC iPlayer from any place on the planet when you use the finest VPN for Apple TV. Despite the fact that Apple TV does not have built-in VPN support, there is no alternative way to set one up manually. similarly you can see other streaming service like How to Watch Hulu on Apple TV
Although you can’t currently use current settings to connect your Apple TV to a VPN, this does not necessarily signify that you will be unable to do so in the future. Here are some alternative strategies for configuring a VPN on your Apple TV.
Option #1: Set Up A VPN On Your Router
Follow these straightforward directions to set up a VPN on your router:
- Because not all VPNs are compatible with every router, first and foremost you’ll need to figure out what kind of router it is.
- Simply subscribe to an ExpressVPN membership if you already have a VPN-friendly router.
- Finally, you’re ready to stream BBC iPlayer from anywhere in the world!
Option #2: Make A VPN-Aware Hotspot
All you have to do to transform your Windows PC or Mac into a virtual router VPN is:
- Create your VPN (ExpressVPN) account.
- Follow the instructions to install ExpressVPN on your computer.
- Finally, connect your Apple TV to a VPN-protected hotspot and enjoy BBC iPlayer unrestricted!
Use Ethernet To Share VPN Connection
To connect with an Ethernet cable, follow these simple steps:
- Subscribe to the best VPN provider such as ExpressVPN
- Get the ExpressVPN downloaded and installed on Mac.
- Get your Mac connected to the Apple TV by using the cable.
- Click the Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
- Tap on Sharing.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Airport.
- In the To computers using section, choose “Ethernet.”
- Your Apple TV will be able to access the VPN connection, allowing you to easily watch BBC iPlayer!
- To unblock geo-restricted content from anywhere in the world, you must subscribe to reputable VPN services such as ExpressVPN.
- Get the ExpressVPN downloaded and installed on your PC.
- Connect your PC to the Apple TV using the cable.
- Select the name of your present Wi-Fi adapter from the list of Wireless Network Connections. Select Properties from the drop-down menu. Then, tap on Change Adapter Options.
- Select Properties by clicking right of your ExpressVPN connection.
- From the Start menu, select Sharing, then allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.
- A message box will pop up. Select Yes.
- Select a private network connection from the drop-down menu and hit the OK button to select your Ethernet connection.
- On your PC, get connected to ExpressVPN.
- The Apple TV shared the VPN connection, allowing you to access BBC iPlayer without any trouble!
This article will help you to watch BBC iPlayer on Apple TV outside the UK by using ExpressVPN. A VPN will let your device travel across borders without restrictions and would let you watch all the Sci-Fi shows on BBC iPlayer or any content you like without any trouble.