If you are a fan of Australian TV shows and movies, then you should definitely have a look at 9Now. The streaming service has a good number of programs that cater to everyone’s interests and offers ready-made packages that contain some of the most popular content. This guide will tell you how to watch 9Now on Chromecast in the UK.
How to Watch 9Now on Chromecast in the UK? [Easy Guide]
There’s a little bit of everything on 9Now UK, be it TV shows or movies. The streaming service has a lot of shows and movies to choose from, making it an ideal place to find something interesting to watch.
Furthermore, Chromecast allows you to stream the content directly from the 9Now app onto your TV, thus providing the best possible viewing experience. In this guide, we’ll show you how 9Now can be watched on Chromecast in the UK in the easiest way possible:
How to set up Chromecast on your device in the UK
Did you get a new Chromecast device and want to cast 9Now on it but can’t figure out how to? Then, we’ve got your back. Follow the simple steps given below to set up Chromecast on your device:
- Plug the Chromecast device into your TV.
- Use the USB power cable given to your device to connect it to Chromecast.
- Plug the other end of the USB power cable into the included power adaptor, then plug it into a wall socket.
- Now, download the Google Home app on your mobile device or tablet – wherever you want to cast from.
- Launch the app and locate the Add+ option at the top left of the Google Home app home screen, click on “Set up the device, ” and click “New device.”
- Follow the rest of the instructions given on the screen.
Once you’ve finished, you will have successfully set up Chromecast on your device.
How to Chromecast 9Now to TV in the UK?
If you want to watch titles from 9Now on Chromecast, follow the steps below, depending on which device you have.
Steps to Chromecast 9Now to TV using Smartphone in the UK
If you want to connect 9Now to Chromecast using your iPhone, follow the steps given below:
- Start by connecting your smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network that your Chromecast is linked with.
- Then, log in to your 9Now account using your credentials on the app.
- Then, click the Chromecast icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- You will get a pop-up message. Click OK. This will connect 9Now to your Chromecast.
- Choose which Chromecast device you want to connect to from the list that pops up.
- Now that you’re connected choose the video or live stream that you want to watch and tap the Play icon to start casting 9Now on Chromecast on your TV.
Viola! You can now play any 9Now title you want on your Chromecast through your smartphone.
Steps to Chromecast 9Now using PC/Laptop in the UK
If you want to connect 9Now to Chromecast using your PC or laptop, follow the steps given below:
- Launch the 9Now website on your computer browser.
- Click on the three dots in the top-right corner of the browser.
- Click on Cast when the drop-down menu appears.
- This will give you a list of available devices you can cast on. Choose your Chromecast.
- Now, play any title you want on 9Now and watch it on your Chromecast.
How to set up VPN for Chromecast in the UK [Simple Steps]
If you want to use Chromecast overseas, you will probably run into trouble. The geo-blocking used by streaming services can be frustrating for users outside their intended target markets. Luckily, there’s a workaround – using VPNs (virtual private networks).
Let us take you step-by-step through the process of installing the right VPN for your Chromecast – so that all your devices are covered!
- Figure out what kind of router you have.
- This will help you choose a VPN that is compatible with your router. We’re going to recommend a few options in the next section.
- Register for your VPN and go to the setup guide.
- To set up the VPN for Chromecast on your router, follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Connect to the server you want and launch the Chromecast app.
Best VPNs for 9Now Chromecast
Now that you know how to set up a VPN for your Chromecast, here are the best VPNs for 9Now on Chromecast:
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch 9Now on Chromecast in the UK.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch 9Now on Chromecast, as it helps you protect your privacy from your ISP and is highly trusted all over the world. It offers over 160 VPN locations, solid security protections, and encryption. What’s not to like?
NordVPN– Largest Server Network for 9Now Chromecast
NordVPN is the fastest, safest, and easiest VPN for casting 9Now on your Chromecast. The best parts about it are that it has the largest server network, fast connection speeds, and a SmartDNS feature that lets you set up a VPN without a router. It couldn’t get any easier!
Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for 9Now on Chromecast
Surfshark is the best budget-friendly VPN for 9Now on Chromecast if you are looking to save a little on the side while getting excellent service at the same time. It has a NoBorders mode that lets you access 9Now content even in restrictive countries, and they have an excellent Android app.
Some Common Chromecast Issues on 9Now
Here are some common Chromecast issues you might face on 9Now, and easy solutions for fixing them:
- Sometimes, the Chromecast doesn’t connect to the Wi-Fi. To fix this, try disconnecting and reconnecting or changing your Wi-Fi band to 2.4GHz.
- If your Chromecast randomly loses its controls or the Cast feature has disappeared, try going to the App Store/Google Play Store and updating the Google Home and 9Now apps.
- If some Chromecast controls are missing on 9Now, you may need to update the version of Chrome that you are using. Launch Chrome, click the three dots in the top-right corner, and you’ll see Update Google Chrome. Click this option and update your browser to fix this issue.
How do I get the 9Now app UK?
You cannot download the 9Now app in the UK, but you can access 9Now titles on the 9Now website using a VPN like ExpressVPN or Nord.
How much does 9Now cost in the UK?
9Now is a free streaming application that does not require any payment method or any card details.
Why is Chromecast not working in the UK?
There may be various reasons for your Chromecast not working in the UK. Try restarting it, check your Wi-Fi connectivity, or get an extender cable.
Can I get 9Now in the UK?
9Now is geo-restricted, so you will need a VPN to change your IP address to Australia if you want to use it in the UK.
And that’s a wrap! Now you know everything there is to know about watching 9Now on Chromecast. Have fun streaming!